Fenton Missouri 24/7 emergency water leak service
when you need it most
Shingles may look durable, airtight and watertight on the surface but they can be damaged by excessive weathering and rain. Weather-related activities can damage various sections of your roof prone to weakness, resulting in hard-to-control gushes that can flood your property in a hurry.
Hail and wind is nothing to ignore. When this happens, pinhole leaks can develop with water dripping away creating damp spaces in areas of your building where water shouldn’t intrude. This can inflict water damage to walls, floors and ceilings for months on end before you finally notice the problem and do something about it. Leaks can also pave the way for the contamination of your water supply, dropping its quality and making it a health risk for your structure’s occupants.
Water Damage from Roof Leaks
- Destruction of the Structure’s Permanent Parts – Water can corrode metals and weaken wood. Most homes rely heavily on these two principal materials along with concrete. When water damage sets in, you could be looking at costly reconstruction work soon.
- Mold growth – Moisture and organic matter are the only prerequisites for mold to grow. When water intrusion happens, mold can thrive undetected indoors until it forms colonies. The colonies then release new spores to the air, which can cause skin and respiratory irritations on people. In some bad cases, mold can turn black and toxic. The toxins they create can cause neurological ailments that are difficult to treat and diagnose.
- Air quality issues – Hidden pockets of water can make the air in your home or workplace musty and unpleasant. This can add to people’s stress levels, making them more fatigued than they should be and more susceptible to illness.
- Fire hazard creation – When water from leaking roof systems seep into areas where electrical wiring runs, watch out. Any openings in the wire’s insulation can make contact with water, creating sparks and possibly causing a fire.
- Damage to carpets and rugs – Water from pipes that are leaking under your floors can surface up, but stay concealed if you have rugs and carpets covering your crawl areas. Water weakens the backings of these floor coverings, making them more susceptible to wear and tear. It can also make your carpets a perfect breeding ground for germs, fungi and dust mites.
Call Fenton's Guardian Roofing Pros Today
Fenton Roof Leak Damage
If you have water damage caused by any type of roof leak, please contact us now.